New research reveals a powerful difference between “grit” and GRIT.
Grit 1.0 vs. GRIT 2.0 — The Upgrade
Basic grit — grit 1.0 — asks, “How much?” It's about quantity, or how much effort and persistence a person shows.
GRIT™ 2.0, on the other hand, asks “How much?” and “How well?” It’s the only construct that decodes the vital blend of quality and quantity. Unlike grit 1.0, it looks at:
- GRIT on three axes — bad to good, dumb to smart, and weak to strong
- GRIT across four dimensions — Growth, Resilience, Instinct, and Tenacity
- Your balance of GRIT across four capacities — emotional, mental, physical, and spiritual
- Where you invest your GRIT: home, work, school, money, relationships, community, and other
- How GRIT impacts ascending levels — individual, relational, team, organizational, and societal
GRIT also assesses Robustness, or the long-term wear and tear one’s efforts tend to create.